Is my diet keeping me from losing weight?

I eat healthy most of the times, but sometimes I don't. I really want to lose weight and exercise. Is my diet holding me back?
One important principle of healthy living is that in order to maintain a good healthy weight both diet and good eating habits and regular exercise is important. If your goal is to lose weight, you will not be able to do this simply by dieting without regular, daily aerobic exercise. Most doctors would recommend that you need at least 30 - 60 minutes of aerobic exercise on most days of the week in order to optimize your heart health and to help with weight loss. Another good principle is that fad or crash diets do not generally work. They may cause some rapid immediate weight loss, but in reality they then lead to "yo-yo" weight loss and gain, because they do not promote the healthy changes in your eating habits that lead to a long term healthy lifestyle. One excellent solution would be to schedule an appointment with a clinical nutritionist. Most insurances plans will cover this. Nutritionists are specially trained to assess your overall eating habits and weight loss goals. They can then help you develop a realistic plan for steady, long term weight loss and also for changing your eating habits to ones that are more compatible with a healthy lifestyle.