Can diet and exercise help me lose weight?

I weight over 300 pounds. I am a 27 year old woman. I need a change. What can help me lose weight?
Weight loss requires a combination of healthy eating / dieting as well as regular exercise. Either exercise alone or diet changes alone are not enough to produce significant weight loss. I suggest that, first of all, you speak with your primary care doctor. They will be able to make an assessment of any current medical conditions you might have. This is important, because it will determine if you should have any restrictions on the types of exercise you do or whether you are capable of doing any exercises you wish. After being cleared for exercise by your physician, your next stop should be a nutritionist. Most insurance plans will cover visits with a nutritionist for weight loss, and your primary care doctor will be able to make a referral for you. The nutritionist will be able to make a realistic estimate of your current weight loss goals and over all nutritional status and habits, and then will help you set a detailed plan for making healthy changes to your lifestyle and eating behaviors and for losing weight. You should start, however, by setting up an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss your over all health and have a check up.