What diet tips can help me shed pounds?

I am 26 and starting my first diet. What tips should I follow? Or protocols?
First of all, if you are very overweight or suffer from any medical problems, you should see your primary care doctor prior to starting a serious diet or a serious exercise program, just to make sure there are no restrictions on how you can do this. The most important thing to remember when trying to lose weight is that a diet alone is not sufficient for weight loss. Regular, daily aerobic exercise is also needed. You will not have very successful weight loss if you focus just on dieting and do not include exercise as well in your plan. You may want to talk to a nutritionist. Most insurance plans will cover visits to a nutritionist for weight loss counseling. The nutritionist will be able to take a look at your eating habits and weight loss goals and help you come up with a realistic and well defined eating and dieting plan. This is a much better option than trying to follow a fad diet. Fad diets tend to result in quick weight loss which is not sustainable over the long term or that result in new eating habits which are unhealthy in different ways. Your nutritionist can help you navigate through the confusing array of diet plans on the market.

Other Endocrinologists