ZocdocAnswersWhat are some early pregnancy symptoms?

Question

What are some early pregnancy symptoms?

I'm a 27 year old woman and I started throwing up in the morning. What other symptoms should I look out for?

Answer

Pregnancy can be an exciting or terrifying time, or even both at the same time. Obviously, missing a period (if your periods are generally regular), is one of the first signs that a woman might have that she is pregnant. Another one of the first symptoms that a woman will notice when she becomes pregnant is a feeling of fullness or growth in her breasts. A woman might also notice that she is having difficulty keeping food down, feelings of nausea, increased urination, changes in mood, or many other symptoms. In general, by the time that you are due to have your next period, however, a pregnancy test should be able to tell you whether or not you are pregnant with a great deal of reliability. To be even more sure, however, you can visit your primary care doctor or obstetrician and have a blood test done. That would generally be recommended if you have regularly been vomiting in the morning for any other reason as well, as that could indicate that there is some other medical condition occurring. Please speak to your doctor soon about your concerns, and make sure to avoid alcohol and tobacco, and do take a prenatal vitamin.