Is endometriosis the reason I can't get pregnant?

Hi. I have had heavy periods every since I started in my teens. I am now having toruble getting pregnant. Is this why?
Endometriosis is a disease where parts of the inner lining of the uterus known as the endometrium grow outside the uterus most often in the Fallopian tubes. Symptoms of endometriosis include very painful cramping around the time of the menstrual cycle and sometimes heavy menstrual blood flow. Endometriosis is also one of the most common causes of infertility. Thus your symptoms very well could be due to endometriosis. On the other hand, it would a bit unusual for endometriosis to begin at such a young age. If you have had heavy periods since you started having periods, then it is possible that your excessive bleeding is due to a blood clotting problem. An example of this type of problem is Von-Wilebrand's disease. This is a minor blood clotting disease in which heavy periods and easy bruising are the main symptoms. I don't think that this could be causing your troubles with getting pregnant. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. He or she can take a more detailed history of your symptoms and and perform a thorough pelvic exam. Simple blood tests can look for blood clotting problems. If you have been trying to get pregnant for more than 12 months without success, then your OBGYN can begin an infertility workup.