Can general anxiety disorder cause me to vomit?

I am a 29 year old woman with general anxiety disorder. Recently I started vomiting in the mornings. Is it the anxiety?
Anxiety is a complex condition that has many effects on the body. In particular, when people have anxiety or panic attacks, they also have many physical symptoms, including sweating, palpitations, nausea, blurred vision, and the like. Therefore, if you are having panic attacks, then it is possible that the nausea and vomiting is part of that. However, it does not sound like this is what is going on. Therefore, I think it is important to look into other possible causes of the vomiting. For example, if you are sexually active, then you should probably have a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy, as this is the most common cause of morning nausea in women your age. Other medical problems could also be possibilities, such as an inflammation of the stomach lining, heartburn, or another condition. I highly recommend talking to your primary care doctor to have a general check up and make certain that there is no medical reason for these vomiting episodes. If there is not, and it turns out to be related to your anxiety disorder, then this would mean that your anxiety is not at all well controlled, and you would need to talk to your psychiatrist about what to do.

Other Psychiatrists