Does having several miscarriages mean I can't have a baby?

I am a 28 year old woman. I just had my third miscarriage. Can I just not have babies?
I am sorry to hear that you have had your third miscarriage. This must be very difficult for you. Having three miscarriages in a row does not mean that you cannot become pregnant and carry a baby to term, however it definitely increases your risk of having yet another miscarriage. In fact, women who have had 3 miscarriages in a row have probably at least a 30% chance of having the next pregnancy end in a miscarriage as well. There are many causes for recurrent multiple miscarriages. Some of these include genetic problems, such as abnormalities of the chromosomes in the egg or sperm. Additionally, anatomic abnormalities inside the uterus may contribute, as may hormonal alterations, obesity, problems with clotting, and other medical conditions like diabetes. Depending on how concerning these multiple miscarriages are, you have the option of talking to your OB GYN doctor about potentially doing a work up to see if some cause for your frequent miscarriages can be identified and corrected. If a cause is identified and can be fixed, this will greatly improve your chances of carrying a baby to term. Start by setting up an appointment with your OB GYN doctor to discuss your concerns.