Can sexual disorders cause impotence?

I lost my job and now am experiencing lots of impottence. Is this a sexual disorder?
Impotence is an older term which is now more commonly referred to as erectile dysfunction (or ED for short). ED is a complex, but common disorder that is generally described as the difficulty or inability to develop and/or maintain an erection long enough to complete sexual activity. There can be many causes of ED. Most cases of ED can be divided into psychological problems, or problems with the blood vessels of the penis. Psychological problems have to do with how a man's perception of his ability to get an erection effects whether he will be able to get one. In other words, if a man is worried that he can't get an erection, or is not confident that it will happen, he is more likely to have difficulty with an erection. Problems with the blood vessels of the penis can arise from other conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Medications such as Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra all work to combat the blood vessel problem making it easier to get an erection. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. The two of you can discuss how your ED came about and how best to deal with it. More than likely your ED is due to a combination of issues, and you will likely benefit from a trial on one of those medications. Only your doctor can decide.