Does the flu always come with a fever?

I had the flut this year but did not have a fever. Does this mean it was a cold? Could it still have been the flu?
I think it is fairly unlikely that you had an influenza infection. Common symptoms of influenza infection include cough, sore muscles, sore throat, headache, fatigue, and fever. Almost all cases of influenza will have fever, which is why I think it was unlikely influenza in your case. It is quite common to confuse the common cold with influenza. However, the two infections can be differentiated by the fact that high fevers are not common with the common cold and that people with influenza tend to be more ill (needing to stay in bed and rest) and have more pronounced fatigue and muscle soreness. As you know, the most effective treatment for influenza is prevention. This include getting your yearly influenza shot, washing your hands, covering your mouth, etc. If you do have symptoms of influenza, it is best to stay home and not go out in public until the fever has passed; this prevents you from passing the infection on to other members of the public. As always, talk to your primary care doctor for more information.

9415 E Harry St