Do the different types of massage have the same effectiveness?

What massage should I go with to feel better and happier. I think it could help my depression as I'm only 27.
Therapeutic massage is an excellent form of alternative medical therapy. It is generally safe and well tolerated by most people. Massage works by generating a sense of relaxation and well being and by stimulating blood flow in the body. As such, it is often effective in helping people to reduce their levels of stress and symptoms of fatigue or anxiety. Therefore, if you are interested in trying massage for your symptoms then you should do so. You should talk with the massage therapist about what symptoms you are having, and this will help them determine what type of massage to give you. Presumably they will give you a light Swedish style massage, as this is typically the type of massage that is used most in relaxation work. At the same time, if you feel that you are experiencing significant depression symptoms, you should make an appointment to see your primary care doctor. Depression is a serious medical illness, and many cases of depression do end up requiring medications to resolve. The medications that are used for depression are safe and effective. Your doctor will be able to help you determine whether you are clinically depressed and whether you will benefit from a medication.

Other Psychiatrists