Does keratitis leave a scar after healing?

I would like there not to be a scar on my eyes. I am a 28 year old model and myeyes are very important to me.
I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with keratitis, which is a usually quite uncomfortable inflammation of the cornea (the clear part on the front of the eye). Keratitis is a serious problem, because if it is not properly treated it can lead to whitish discoloration and scarring of the cornea, which is permanent. Hopefully you caught this in time and are undergoing proper treatment to prevent this from happening. You will need to follow the instructions of your eye doctor very closely, both in terms of the medicines that they have prescribed to treat the keratitis and also in terms of the followup appointments that they will give you. These are to ensure that you have a good chance at getting through this without any permanent damage to the cornea. It is also important to think about how you got the keratitis. In the United States, almost all cases of keratitis are caused by improper wearing and cleaning of contact lenses. Therefore, if this was your case, you may want to discontinue using contact lenses in the future or at least make sure that you follow up with your eye doctor on exactly how to wear them and clean them.

Other Ophthalmologists