Can I drive after having a wisdom tooth pulled?

I'm having my third wisdom teeth pulled and Im guessing im going to be given pain medicine. will I be able to drive afterwards?
Most wisdom tooth surgeries are quite painful, so you will likely receive a high dose of pain and sedation medications that you most likely have never taken previously. Afterwards, you will spend a few hours in the recovery room while you wake up, but even after that, these medications will most likely make it unsafe for you to drive, and will leave you quite tired for the rest of the day and possibly the following one. It is a good idea NOT to plan to drive after the wisdom tooth surgery. You can arrange for a friend or family member to pick you up and/or drive you. If this is not an option, your oral surgeon may be able to arrange for a taxi to take you home. You should talk to your oral surgeon to see what medicines he and/or his anesthesiologist plan to use to take care of your pain during the surgery. Make sure that you do not have an allergy or an adverse reaction to these medications in the past. You should also consult your primary care physician to see if there are any interactions between these medicines and the ones you are already on.

Nearby Dentists

Other Dentists