Zocdoc Answers

Medical questions & health advice by licensed doctors

"I am 29 years old and have been ejaculating prematurely for over two years how can we fix it?"

ZocdocAnswersI am 29 years old and have been ejaculating prematurely for over two years how can we fix it?


I have tried Viagra it didn't work


Premature ejaculation is a difficult problem that is very common for many men. While there may be an element of physical difficulty for some individuals, it is a psychological problem for the majority of men. The best way to overcome this difficulty usually will involve some degree of conditioning and possibly even discussion or medication, with which you can be aided through the help of a sex therapist. Viagra, alternatively, will not help most young men with premature ejaculation. Instead, viagra increases blood flow to the genital region, and allows for improved erection. For most 29 year old men with premature ejaculation, that will not be an issue. Generally with premature ejaculation, the mechanics of ejaculation and arousal are intact and functioning properly, and it is necessary to coordinate the mind and the body to work together. A sex therapist or counselor will be able to provide appropriate tips and exercises that you can practice to be able to overcome this problem. Your primary care doctor or Urologist is a great resource for information and referrals, and should be aware of your sexual history as well as your general health history. Please discuss this issue with him or her as needed.

Need more info?

See an urologist today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.