ZocdocAnswersI am 29 years old and have been ejaculating prematurely for over two years how can we fix it?

Question

I am 29 years old and have been ejaculating prematurely for over two years how can we fix it?

I have tried Viagra it didn't work

Answer

Premature ejaculation is a difficult problem that is very common for many men. While there may be an element of physical difficulty for some individuals, it is a psychological problem for the majority of men. The best way to overcome this difficulty usually will involve some degree of conditioning and possibly even discussion or medication, with which you can be aided through the help of a sex therapist. Viagra, alternatively, will not help most young men with premature ejaculation. Instead, viagra increases blood flow to the genital region, and allows for improved erection. For most 29 year old men with premature ejaculation, that will not be an issue. Generally with premature ejaculation, the mechanics of ejaculation and arousal are intact and functioning properly, and it is necessary to coordinate the mind and the body to work together. A sex therapist or counselor will be able to provide appropriate tips and exercises that you can practice to be able to overcome this problem. Your primary care doctor or Urologist is a great resource for information and referrals, and should be aware of your sexual history as well as your general health history. Please discuss this issue with him or her as needed.