Is interstitial cystitis considered an std?

Can you catch it from an unfaithful partner? I was just at my doctor and she told me i may have interstitial cystitis and my husband has been unfaithful.
There are two separate issues going on here. If there is a concern that you may have a sexually transmitted infection and that you may have acquired this from your husband, that is one issue. Interstitial cystitis is another, unrelated, issue. Sexually transmitted infections can be passed between sexual partners, and it is common for one monogamous partner to get an infection from the other (not monogamous) partners, unfortunately. Common sexually transmitted infections include Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, and these can be easily diagnosed by your doctor with simple urine tests; in fact many doctors routinely screen for these infections when you go to them for a physical examination. Interstitial cystitis is a chronic condition involving an inflammation of the bladder. Symptoms are often like those of a urine infection, such as cramping or burning with urination. The critical thing, however, is that there is no infection. You should talk to your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor about these issues at greater length. If you have a sexually transmitted infection, then that should be fairly easy to treat with antibiotics alone. Interstitial cystitis, on the other hand, is a complex problem that can be very difficult to treat effectively.