How can I get a narrow stomach?

I am a 34 year old male and I want a thinner stomach. I hear men lose weight much more easily than women. Do I just need to swim or what?
Unfortunately, weight loss requires a great deal of effort and determination to achieve satisfactory results. This includes a change in diet as well as an exercise regimen that works on aerobic and anaerobic exercises to improve your metabolism and decrease your weight. It is recommended that you consult your primary care doctor before starting any exercise regimen because they will assess your cardiovascular health and ensure that you are safe to perform exercises and stress your heart and lungs. They may also recommend certain weight loss techniques or refer you to a specialist for diet and exercise management. Often, people find that a variety of exercises keep them interested and entertained and for this reason you may consider joining a gym. There are peer groups that meet and discuss techniques for weight loss and support each other in attempting to lose weight. There have been studies that show that these are very effective for people interested in losing weight. Again, the most important first step is to discuss this with your primary care doctor who can begin the process of guiding you in the right direction.