ZocdocAnswersWhat's the best way to narrow my stomach?

Question

What's the best way to narrow my stomach?

I need to lose fat quickly. Which diet is the best for working on this area?

Answer

This is a question that should be addressed with your primary care doctor, as the answer will vary depending on factors that are unique to you. For example, some people feel that they need to lose weight very quickly, but are actually very close to their ideal weight. Others are morbidly obese, meaning that their size is significantly impacting their ability to perform routine tasks of daily life and is contributing greatly to an overall worse quality of life. For these people, something as drastic as bariatric surgery may be the best approach. For the majority of people, however, simple changes in diet and exercise are sufficient to help achieve and sustain a healthy weight. Given all of the variables that need to be addressed, your primary care doctor is in the best position to answer the question about which approach works best for you. An open and frank conversation about your weight will potentially yield multiple approaches that can be entertained, and you can then choose what works best for you. Losing weight as part of a healthy lifestyle is a very commendable decision that can bear fruits of good health for the rest of your life. Please speak with your doctor.