Will they tell me my expected recovery time at my neck oncology follow up?

When will I know how long it takes to recover?
A diagnosis of cancer can be one of the most difficult pieces of news to receive from a doctor. You should discuss all of your questions with your primary care physician and the various specialists who are helping manage your disease. Most head and neck cancers are treated by ear nose and throat specialists who can perform surgery on the area and then direct you to additional oncologists of radiation therapy or chemotherapy are needed. The exact details of your course will depend on your specific diagnosis (what kind of cancer you have), as well as where it is located and where (if at all) it has spread. The recovery time following treatment for any kind of tumor depends on the specific nature of the treatment itself. Your treating physician (whether a surgeon, a radiation specialist, or a medical oncologist who oversees chemotherapy) should be able to answer all of your questions about follow-up recovery. He or she will have seen patients with similar disease to yours and so can give you a good estimate of how long it might take to recover. The important thing to remember, however, is that every patient is unique and so your physicians can only give you estimates based on how people with your type of cancer usually do after treatment.

Nearby Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors

• Dr. Matthew Dahl
    Dr. Matthew Dahl MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102
  • Dr. John Bennett
    Dr. John Bennett MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102
  • Dr. John Butler
    Dr. John Butler MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    4000 S 700 E.
    Salt Lake City, UT 84107