Is a neck surgery consultation needed to remove a large mole?

Can this just be done at my dermatologist's office? I don't want there to be a scar.
This will depend on the size of the mole. Generally, a dermatologist can remove a mole in the office, and will use sutures (stitches) to close up the area. You should ask your dermatologist his or her opinion regarding the size of your mole, and whether it is appropriate to remove in the office. You should also check whether your dermatologist about the mole being potentially cancerous. In that case, your dermatologist may prefer to do a biopsy of the mole in the office, and if it is cancerous, to have it removed by a surgeon. Scars can potentially develop any time a mole is removed; again, this will depend on the size of the mole and the area of skin that needs to be stitched together afterwards. Your dermatologist can discuss this with you prior to removing the mole.