Will I be informed whether the cancer has spread to other parts of my head at my ocular oncology consultation?

Is it possible for it to do so? How do they treat cancer when it's in the head?
Depending on the type of cancer that you have and the area in which it was located, there may be some risk of it having spread to other parts of your body, including your head. If the cancer was in the eye itself, there is some risk of it spreading to your brain. While each consultation is different and depends to some degree on the testing that has been performed previously, your doctor should ultimately be able to provide some idea about whether or not the cancer has spread to other parts of your body. This will often require further testing, including at least a physical exam and likely some additional radiologic imaging such as an MRI or a CT scan. For that reason, it is difficult to know if you will get all of the answers that you are seeking at your first appointment, or if it will require further appointments in the future. After the necessary information has been gathered, your doctor will then discuss treatment options. If the cancer has spread to your head, there are many treatment options that can be offered, depending on the severity of the disease. Some of these may include radiation. Please speak with your doctor about your concerns.

Other Ophthalmologists