Should I have an ophthalmic pathology consultation if I keep blinking a lot?

I blink ten times a second it feels like. Should I have a consultation?
Things to consider include if you have noticed dry or itchy eyes associated with the blinking? Do you have redness in your eyes? Do you wear contacts? Have you always had this problem or is this something new for you? These are all important questions to discuss with your primary care physician. This information, along with your medical history, presenting symptoms, and clinical exam will help him or her decide upon the appropriate work up and treatment options. This may include labs tests or imaging studies and possibly a referral to a specialist depending on what they find. In general, there may be many reasons that you could have his symptoms of blinking a lot. One possibility is that this is totally normal for you, but some other more concerning issues include eye infections, dry or itchy eyes, allergies, amongst a myriad of other possibilities. The most important first step is to discuss this with your primary care doctor who will best be able to decide on whether there is any further work up required and what that work up should be, as it is difficult to ascertain this over the internet without examining you or knowing he rest of your medical history.