Will an orbital disease consultation let me know if the cellulitis has spread to other tissues?

Can the disease even spread?
Orbital disease consultation is a doctor's visit with an ophthalmologist who specializes in diseases of the eye and orbit. Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the soft tissue underneath the skin. Since you are asking about cellulitis in the context of orbital disease, I am going to assume that you developed orbital cellulitis (or there was concern that you may develop it), were seen by a doctor, and placed on antibiotics. The answer to your question is yes, cellulitis can spread and orbital cellulitis can be very dangerous to the health of your eye, and can eve in its severe form cause brain damage. However, if it is caught in time, and the right antibiotic is chosen, then the infection can clear up and you will be fine. Thus, I am writing this hoping that someone has evaluated you, diagnosed you with cellulitis and treated you appropriately. After getting started on a treatment, if you weren't hospitalized, then you will need close follow up with the doctor that prescribed you that medication. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with that doctor. He or she can take a close look at your eye and determine if the cellulitis has been treated completely. Good luck.

Other Ophthalmologists