Should I have an orthodontic consultation if I want to have my teeth replaced?

I think many of my teeth are messed up and I want new ones. Will an orthodontic consultation set me straight?
Dental health is important to your overall health. An orthodontist is a specially trained dentist who does procedures and surgeries of the mouth, jaw and teeth. It would be very appropriate to see an orthodontist to have dental work such as dental implants or dentures. Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are used to support a restoration for a missing tooth or teeth. Dentures (or false teeth) are prosthetic devices constructed to replace missing teeth and most are removable. If your teeth are healthy but crooked you may need braces, which an orthodontist would also take care of. Talk to your primary care physician to get a recommendation for a board-certified orthodontist. Go with a list of questions such as what would be covered by your insurance, how much time you'd have to take off work, and what your limitations will be after the procedure. It is also important to practice good dental hygiene to ward off further problems with your teeth and gums. Make sure that you are seeing a dentist at least twice a year for a thorough exam, x-rays, and cleaning.

Other Orthodontists