I am 6-8 weeks pregnant and spotting every other day - can i still have sex?

I'm 28 years old and 6-8 weeks pregnant and spotting every other day. Can i have sex?
Talk to your primary care doctor or your OB / GYN. This needs to be evaluated. While sex will likely have little effect on your symptoms, this should be evaluated with regards to your pregnancy. To answer your question -- sex can be allowed to continue during pregnancy. The fetus is located in the upper uterus and is not damaged by vaginal penetration. If there is no pain, it is unlikely a vaginal ulceration. That being said, most providers suggest not having sex while bleeding. The risk of infection increases. I would recommend holding off on sex (or inserting anything into the vagina like a tampon) until you see your doctor and have this evaluated. That being said, bleeding during pregnancy should be evaluated. There can be some normal bleeding during pregnancy, especially early as you are having. However, this can also be a sign of a trouble with the pregnancy. Any abdominal pain, passing of clots or cramping could be a sign that there is trouble with the fetus. Spontaneous abortions can occur if these symptoms are present. In addition, if this bleeding continues or becomes significant in quantity, this is unusual and should be evaluated. Talk to your OB/GYN. While hopefully normal, this could be a sign of more troubling symptoms.