Does plastic surgery last forever?

Will I ever need to have the same procedure again? I am considering having my breasts lifted.
Like most things in life, plastic surgery is something about which there are no guarantees. While the short term results can be excellent, long term results are somewhat subject to the same forces that cause patients to seek the procedure in the first place and are thus very difficult to predict. Fortunately, especially with breast augmentation and lifts, the results can be excellent for quite some time and possibly for your entire life. During your initial evaluation, your doctor will be able to give you more personalized information during your physical exam and consultation. Depending on your skin type and body habitus, the effects can vary from person to person. Other factors, such as having a child, undergoing radiation therapy (as with cancer), or even gaining or losing large amounts of weight can also affect the results of your surgery as well as your overall appearance. Additionally, the type of surgery that is performed can affect how long the results last. Please speak to your plastic surgeon about the expected results of your specific surgery, but have confidence that most procedures can have excellent long term and often permanent results when done in the correct manner on the correct patient.