Can I get a pre-natal consultation before I get pregnant?

I and my husband are probably going to have a baby so I want to know if this is the kind of consultaiton that makes sense. If not, who should I talk to?
Pre-natal consultations always make sense. It is basically a doctor's visit with your OBGYN where you will discuss ways in which to make sure that you have a healthy start to your pregnancy. You can also get some tips on how to maximize your chances of getting pregnant. These tips may include when you should have intercourse and how often. You will also be asked to avoid drinking any alcohol especially in the second half of your cycle (this is the time in which you could be pregnant). If you are a smoker, this would be a good time to quit. You definitely do not want to be smoking while trying to get pregnant. Your doctor will probably give you a prescription for prenatal vitamins for you to begin taking right away. This is important because these vitamins contain folic acid, an important nutrient for your baby's brain development in the first couple months of life. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN before you start trying for a baby. The two of you can discuss the issues that I have mentioned plus any other issues that are on your mind. This is a great first step towards a healthy pregnancy.