Will I need a pregnancy follow up after giving birth?

When will doctors know if I am fine after my delivery? Aren't there a lot of problems you can have like a month or a few months after giving birth?
After giving birth, most new mothers are kept in the hospital for 2 to 3 days to observe both the mother and the new baby(s). For a C-section birth, the hospital will usually keep mom and baby a couple days longer. The purpose of this from the mother's perspective is to make sure that any vaginal bleeding slows down and stops, and any injuries from the birthing process begin to heal. If the baby was born by c-section, then sometimes the staples over the c-section wound can be removed. There are usually routine follow up visits that the OBGYN plans for a week to 3 weeks after giving birth. These visits are just to make sure everything is going well. In the vast majority of cases, there are no major problems that occur a month or a few months after giving birth. If you have not given birth yet, then you will need to have regular visits with your OBGYN that increase in frequency the closer you get to deliver. After your birth and before you leave the hospital, you should schedule an appointment to see your OBGYN within a week or so. Your doctor will tell you when you need to be seen. At that visit, he or she will ask you questions about any symptoms that you are having and perform a comprehensive physical exam. Your doctor will let you know when you can revert back to regular yearly visits. Good luck with your delivery.