Should I replace my prosthesis?

My prosthetic foot was built in the early 90s. I know the field has advanced a lot. Should I look into replacing it with a more current piece, or is it not worth it yet?
The field of prosthetics and orthotics has indeed advanced a great deal in thd last few decades. When it comes to an evaluation of your prosthesis, the best place to start is with your primary care physician. He or she can make sure that you don't have any other health concerns with regard to your prosthesis and can also help facilitate a referral to the appropriate prosthetics / orthotics department for further evaluation. The most important thing to consider when it comes to replacing your current prosthesis is how well it is working for you. There have been both functional and aesthetic improvements in prosthetic devices since yours was made, but on the other hand if what you currently use allows you to do all of the things you need and want to do, you may not want to go through the process of trying to get another device made and fit to your foot. However, new devices may be able to give you increased range of motion and ability to do things as well as being more natural looking in appearance. A good prosthetician can go over these options with you and discuss the risks and benefits of pursuing a new device. He or she can also go over the costs, as insurance may or may not cover something new.