How can I stop snoring so loudly?

I wake up my entire house when I snore, even when I nap and they're watching a movie. Is there any solution doctor?
Snoring is a problem that can be an extreme annoyance, but it can also affect your health. While those around you are feeling the effects of the extra noise, your body, over the course of your life, can also start to show the long term consequences of poor oxygenation and poor sleep quality that often go hand in hand with snoring. While it is not always true, snoring is often a sign of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), which is known to be associated with numerous health problems, including high blood pressure, heart disease, and strokes. Even in those who do not have OSA, snoring indicates increased resistance to air flow in the upper airway. It can lead to poor sleep quality in those around you as well. Fortunately, there are many things that can be done to treat snoring. In the absence of OSA, snoring is generally treated to improve the well being of those around, including a partner that might share a bed. Please speak to your doctor to be evaluated for your snoring and to consider potential therapies, which might include decongestants, medical devices, or even surgery for a permanent treatment. Your health, and your household, will thank you.

• Dr. Matthew Dahl
    Dr. Matthew Dahl MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102
  • Dr. Matthew Jepsen
    Dr. Matthew Jepsen MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102
  • Dr. John Butler
    Dr. John Butler MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    4000 S 700 E.
    Salt Lake City, UT 84107