What is the diagnostic terms for someone who has a hard time coping with life?

I am a 22 year old mother of 3 children, with a history of depression anxiety and just really having a hard time with reality ever since i had my children it been really bad my Dr prescribed me to Zoloft after i had my youngest son but it doesnt seem to be helping me. What should I do?
First, I am sorry to hear that you are having so many difficulties. Life can be very difficult for all of us, but being a single mother of 3 can definitely add to the stress levels. It is excellent that you are reaching out for help, and also good that you have already spoken with your primary care doctor. Zoloft is a medication that has helped many people with their depression. It does take some time to work, however, and is also not effective for everyone. If you feel that your symptoms or depression have not improved despite starting the new medication, then it is important that you speak to your prescribing physician soon. There are many other medications that can be used, either from the same family of drugs or a multitude of other options. Depression is extremely common, and because of that the treatment options are numerous. Communication with your primary care doctor or psychiatrist is probably the most important thing to make sure that you are receiving the care that you need. He or she might also recommend visiting with other people to make sure that you can have all of the resources that you need to get through this difficult time. Please speak to your doctor very quickly.

Other Psychiatrists