Will exercise help me reduce stress?

I've tried therapy and sleeping more. Is exercise a good option?
Stress reduction is a very important part of your overall health. Stress can lead to high blood pressure, difficulty thinking, difficulty sleeping, and accelerated aging. Stress can originate both from the events and demands of our lives, and it can arise from disorders in how we handle these problems. Exercise can be a big help in reducing stress no matter what the cause is. Exercise acts to lower blood pressure, can help us keep a healthy weight, and can improve the quality of sleep. If regular exercise does not cut it for you, then you may need to take additional measures to lower your stress. One of these measures will be to get evaluated for an anxiety disorder which can elevate your stress levels independent of anything going on in your life. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. The two of you can discuss your stress and try to figure out why you are under so much. Perhaps there are some lifestyle modifications that can help you out. Certainly regular exercise will be a pivotal part of it. You may also benefit from some self help books that talk about stress reduction and how it can be accomplished in our busy lives. Finally, if your doctor diagnoses you with an anxiety disorder, then you may need medication to help with your stress. Good luck.