Can I build up a resistance to mono?

I had mono years ago - will I still get it from a kid in my class or am I immune?
Mononucleosis is a disease which many people get. It is thought that most of these are caused by a virus. In most cases, it is rare for people to get mono twice, but this is possible. Talk to your doctor if you have specific health concerns that apply to yourself. Mononucleosis is also known as mono and also known as "the kissing disease." The reason it is called the kissing disease is that it is caused by a virus which is often transmitted by saliva. Teenagers often get this as they start this social interaction -- but this is not always the case. Most often, mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein Barr Virus -- or EBV. This causes the symptoms of sore throat, fatigue, and overall decreased energy that we associate with mono. Our body develops immunity against a virus once it sees it. Therefore, getting EBV mononucleosis a second time is very unlikely, because your body (if working normally) should be able to fight it off a second time around. That being said, people rarely get mono twice. This is because other viruses (like CMV, a cousin of EBV) can also cause a similar illness. Also people who have not perfect immune systems can not fight the infection appropriately. Talk to your doctor for more information.