Will aspirin help relieve my period cramps?

I am 28 and have always had very bad cramps. Should I try aspirin? I am scared of medicine, but these cramps really hurt.
Period cramping can be very painful and debilitating. There are several different ways this can be approached. Often times, the first method that can be tried is birth control pills or some other type of hormonal contraception. Many women that start this type of birth control report improvement in their period symptoms including cramping. The second form of therapy is anti-inflammatory medication. While aspirin is an anti-inflammatory medication, it has the additional side effect of thinning the blood. This may be a negative factor especially if your periods are already heavy because the aspirin may make you bleed a bit more. Many doctors recommend ibuprofen or naproxen to be taken during your period. This type of medication targets the prostaglandins that cause period cramping. Finally, you should have an evaluation for other causes of period cramping. Conditions such as endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and adenomyosis can all cause excessive cramping. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. The two of you can discuss you period cramping, and what measures you have already taken. From there you can come up with a plan to reduce your symptoms. If your symptoms don't respond to medication, or if they are accompanied by heavy bleeding, then you may benefit from a pelvic ultrasound.