Why do I vomit in the morning?

I've been this way for a few months. I am starting to be really worried.
There are many different things that can cause nausea and vomiting in the mornings. You should definitely get in to see your primary care doctor for an evaluation to figure out if something serious is going on. First of all, if you are a female of reproductive age, then nausea and vomiting in the mornings is often one of the major signs of being pregnant. If there is any chance that you might be pregnant then a pregnancy test (which you can get in a local pharmacy or from your doctor) might be in order. Other causes of nausea and vomiting could include gastritis, which is an inflammation of the stomach lining, sometimes caused by alcohol, smoking, and certain over the counter medicines like ibuprofen as well as by certain bacteria. Gastritis is more likely if you also have symptoms such as heartburn. Occasionally nausea and vomiting like this can be a sign of a serious medical problem. Especially if you have been having significant weight loss, or if you notice blood when you vomit or if your bowel movements have blood in them or have a dark color to them, these are signs that you need to talk to your doctor right away.

Other Gastroenterologists