Is it possible to have a food addiction?

I am a 29 year old male and I think I am addicted to food. I want it and crave it all the time. Should I see a nutritionist or a therapist or what?
The answer to you question is a bit complicated. Per se, there is not such thing as an addiction to food. However we do recognize that some people have an overeating disorder which can result in weight gain and obesity. If you are overweight, and still have desire to consume more calories than you need, then you may have an overeating disorder. This is the most common type of "food addiction". If you are normal weight, then your cravings for food may be normal, as you are likely consuming as many calories as you are burning. If you are overweight, then a nutritionist can help you a lot. A nutritionist is a health care worker who can review your diet and recommend changes that can help you lose weight. Often the problem people have is that they consume too many foods that are high in calories, and don't exercise enough to burn those calories away. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can listen to your eating habits and put them into the context of your current weight and health. If you are overweight, then you doctor will likely refer you to a nutritionist. If you are not overweight, then your doctor will recommend that you eat when you are hungry, as long as the foods are healthy to consume.