Is it normal for your period to be over a month late when you're not pregnant?

I haven't had a period since April 4 and I have taken two pregnancy tests and am not pregnant. I have a long history of cyst ruptures and am now concerned it could be an enlarged ovary.
There are multiple things that could cause a delayed period, and one of them is pregnancy. While pregnancy tests are almost perfect, there are times that they are not right. For that reason, you should avoid alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs as if you were pregnant. Additionally, all women of child bearing age should be taking folate supplementation, as these vitamins have been shown to prevent birth defects. In your specific case, there is much that needs to be known in order to provide an answer. Some types of birth control will cause you to miss a period, as can other medications. Your weight and height can also indicate a problem, as both very thin and obese women can both have problems with regular menstruation, as your weight affects many of the hormones in your body. Additionally, the remainder of your medical history is also important. For example, if you have had regular periods until April 4th and then they stopped, it is different than having a history of irregular periods and this being just another episode of the same thing. For this reason, you should speak with your primary care doctor or OB/GYN about your history and your current lack of a menstrual period.

Nearby OB-GYNs