Do I need surgery to fix my wisdom tooth problems?

I have wisdom teeth I think they are impacted and they startin to really hurt. Do I neeed to them removed? What happes if they grow in crooked?
The quick answer to your question is yes, you probably need your wisdom surgically removed. This is if they are in fact impacted. The best type of doctor for you to see is a dentist. Wisdom teeth are the 3rd set of molars that don't arrive in your mouth until usually adolescence or even later. About 1 in 3 people don't get wisdom teeth at all. Those that do develop wisdom teeth may have problems when they come in. Impacted wisdom teeth are those that come upon some obstruction when they begin growing upwards. Complications of impaction include pushing your other teach out of alignment, or infection. Because problems with them are common, many dentists recommend that they be removed before complications of impaction occur. If you are experiencing pain from their growth, then you definitely warrant wisdom teeth removal right away. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with a dentist who performs these operations (often an oral surgeon). He or she can examine your mouth and determine what the cause of your pain is. You may need some x-rays of your jaw. If it is because of wisdom teeth impaction, then you will probably want to schedule a date for your operation.

Other Dentists