How do you know if you need your wisdom teeth removed?

I've started feeling some pain in the space behind my molars. I think my wisdom teeth my be coming in a bit at a time. Should I get them pulled?
As you know, wisdom teeth are teeth that grow in behind the molars either in late adolescence or in early adulthood. The main problem with wisdom teeth is that, for many people, there is not room in the back of the mouth for these extra teeth to grow in properly. This can lead to them becoming "impacted" or jammed up against and underneath the other teeth in your mouth, which can lead to pain and inflammation. Even if there is room for the teeth to come in, they often cause other problems for dental hygiene, as they are very difficult to clean properly and therefore can be a source of mouth infections. If you suspect that you may have wisdom teeth growing in, then you should talk to your dentist. If the teeth are not visible, they may be able to take an x-ray to visualize where they are. Furthermore, they will be able to help rule out other potential causes of your mouth pain, such as an infection of the gums or the teeth at the back of the mouth. Based on what your dentist finds, they will be able to recommend the appropriate treatment to you. Good luck!

Other Dentists