Is it normal to worry 24 hours a day?

I feel very anxious all the time and can't help but worry about everything. What can I do to calm down?
I am very sorry to hear that you feel anxious all the time. Anxiety can be very tiresome and has the potential to negatively affect the quality of life significantly if uncontrolled. There are many different approaches to dealing with anxiety, and many different physiologic and psychosocial factors that contribute to why people become anxious in the first place. Let me first off start out by saying that you are not alone, and there are thousands of people who struggle with anxiety. If at any time your anxiety gets bad enough that you start to get depressed and develop thoughts of despair or self harm, that I would definitely recommend seeking medical attention at an urgent care or emergency department if needed. Most peoples anxiety does not get that bad, but in case I wanted to be clear. There are many different friends, family, and professionals that can help you. Most approaches to dealing with anxiety first involve taking a thorough history (things like when did you first notice anxiety, in what situations, was it after an inciting event, etc) Because if the root cause of the anxiety can be found and "fixed" then you may not have any further problems. A counselor such as a psychologist, can be a good place to start, but I recommend that you see a physician first. This could mean making an appointment with your primary care physician, or scheduling a consultation with a psychiatrist. I hope that this is helpful.

Other Psychiatrists