Why do I bleed a little the day after sexual intercourse?

I always bleed a little the day after I have sex. Could something be wrong with me?
Bleeding after sex is a condition in which vaginal bleeding occurs during or just after you have sexual intercourse when you are not menstruating. Your cervix is usually the source of bleeding brought on by vaginal sex. If the cells of your cervix are inflamed or abnormal, sexual intercourse can cause enough friction to induce vaginal bleeding. Thus, bleeding after sexual intercourse may be normal, especially if the intercourse is painful or excessively rough. Re-occurring bleeding may not be normal, but in most cases, if promptly diagnosed it is treatable cervical changes, such as vaginal dryness (more common after menopause) and cervical dysplasia, or abnormal cells on the cervix that are not cancer but may be precancerous. Some types of bleeding after sex can be caused by serious, even life-threatening conditions, such as cervical cancer or sexually transmitted diseases (i.e., chlamydia or gonorrhea). Other possible causes of vaginal bleeding include cervical ectropion, cervical polyps, cervicitis, endometrial cancer, oral contraceptives, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine fibroids, vaginal cancer, and vaginitis.... It is advisable that you be examined by a gynecologist to determine the cause and rule out cancer and other serious diseases so that you can be treated as soon as possible to reduce the risk of serious complications.

Nearby OB-GYNs