Does bleeding in the middle of my cycle mean I'm pregnant?

I've heard about women who bleed in the middle of the cycle and it turns out they're pregnant. Should I get a pregnancy test if I start bleeding in the middle of my cycle?
Ovulation bleeding is used to describe mild bleeding or spotting that occurs in the middle of your cycle which is at around the time of ovulation. Many women experience spotting at some point between periods sometime in their lives. Sometimes, during the middle of a woman's menstrual cycle, when she is ovulating, she may have some bleeding that is lighter than menstrual flow lasting for one to two days. Ovulation spotting should not be confused with implantation bleeding, which typically takes place about a week after you ovulate and is considered an early pregnancy sign. A variety of factors can cause midcycle bleeding. It may be related to a result of the egg rupturing through the follicle during ovulation or due to the elevated level of estrogen during the process of an egg maturing and bursting out from the follicle that the uterus sheds a bit of lining and pain or bleeding occurs. Another reason spotting may occur could be uterine fibroids, which are fairly harmless. Endmetriosis and oral contraceptive pills are a few other reasons spotting may occur. An intrauterine device (IUD) resulting in irregular periods may have episodes of ovulation period. Pelvic inflammatory disease causes inflammation or infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, or ovaries which can cause bleeding. Other reasons are possible sexually transmitted diseases and some cancers. If ovulation bleeding is severe and accompanying by pain, it may be a sign of a severe problem. However, if it is extremely mild and short, it may be completely normal. Please talk to an obstetrician or primary care doctor, who can examine and further evaluate if this warrants treatment.
Have further Questions? See a doctor!