ZocdocAnswersIs there a way to make the white part of my eye all white?

Question

Is there a way to make the white part of my eye all white?

I have these little purple spots all over. It looks like marble. Does this mean something is wrong with my eyes? Will it affect my vision?

Answer

Here are some questions that will help elucidate the answer to your question. Have you always had these purple spots or have they recently been found? Have you had any recent infections or other problems that may be associated with these spots? The answers to these questions, along with your medical history, presenting symptoms and physical exam will help your primary care doctor decide upon the appropriate work up and possible treatment options available for you. This may include labs tests, imaging studies and perhaps a referral to a specialist depending on what is found. In general, the more concerning question is why you would have these purple spots in the first place. The most important thing to do is to be evaluated by a medical professional who can decide how to work up these spots, and perhaps find the cause and treat them if possible. In terms of your original question, there are various over the counter medications and eye drops available that can help decrease the redness in your eyes if you have irritation or allergies, but from the description you have provided, it does not sound like this would help with these spots.