Why do I feel moody during my period?

When I am on my period I feel almost suicidal. What should I do, is it normal.
The time before your period and also during your period are times in which the body is experiencing rapid swings in hormone levels. These changes can cause mood problems, such as irritability, fatigue, and depression, for many women. If these are mild symptoms, they can easily be treated with simple lifestyle measures, like exercise and getting sufficient sleep. However, when the symptoms are severe, as they sound like in your case, then this often needs treatment. I suggest that you set up an appointment with your OB GYN doctor or your psychiatrist to discuss your symptoms. One potential diagnosis is premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PDD) which, fortunately, can generally be easily treated with a number of different antidepressant medications. Your doctor will be able to make an assessment of your situation and determine if you suffer from PDD or another mood disorder; if so, they will be able to recommend an appropriate treatment. In the meantime, if you have thoughts of harming yourself or committing suicide, you should seek immediate medical help, even if this requires that you go to an emergency room.