Will shaving my pubic hairs lead to ingrown hairs?

I have been using a no hair cream but it hurts so I stopped and don't know what to do
An ingrown hair occurs when the sharp tip of the hair curls back and grows inside the skin. Anything which causes the hair to be broken off short and create a sharp tip that can more easily pierce the skin leads to an ingrown hair. Shaving is the leading course, followed by waxing and tight clothing. That being said, shaving does not always lead to ingrown hairs. Everybody is different, and every person is susceptible to ingrown hairs to a different extent. Some people get more ingrown hairs than others. This still does not mean that you will get ingrown hairs every time you shave. Women with curly hair in their pubic area are very much prone for ingrown hairs. Although an ingrown hair can heal on its own and spontaneously dislodge, in some cases, it may be tough to rid of it. Fortunately, there are many different products that can treat the occurrences of ingrown hairs. Consulting a dermatologist may be necessary for optimal treatment. Laser hair removal may be an option for preventing ingrown hairs. Lasers remove hair with a laser beam that destroys the hair follicle and the effect is long-lasting but not permanent. Another option is electrolysis. This procedure targets individual hair follicles and the destruction of hair follicles is permanent. I advise you consult a dermatologist for more information and options.

• Dr. Halina Stec
    Dr. Halina Stec MD
    115 Nassau Ave
    Brooklyn, NY 11222
  • Dr. Shamim Shakibai
    Dr. Shamim Shakibai MD
    6801 Park Terrace Dr
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. James Morgan
    Dr. James Morgan MD
    330 Northgate Drive
    Manteca, CA 95336