ZocdocAnswers"Is there a safe, natural way to grow my breasts?"

Question

"Is there a safe, natural way to grow my breasts?"

I see a lot of ads. What can I do? Right now they look so small.

Answer

Here are some questions that you may consider that will help elucidate the answer to your question. How old are you and do you believe that you have finished your growing after puberty? Do close family members, such as your mother or sisters, have a history of small breasts? Have you tried anything to increase the size of your breasts? Along with your medical history, presenting symptoms and physical examination, the answers to these questions will help your primary care doctor decide upon the appropriate work up and potential treatment options available for you. In general, if you have completed your growing after puberty, it is unlikely that you will increase or decrease your breast size to a large degree using some of the advertised products or over the counter treatment options, although of course there are anecdotal stories of people who have had improvements in their breast size using these products. Studies have not shown that there are any products that are always able to increase the size of people's breasts to an appreciable degree. Of course, your breasts will change a small amount depending on your period and also if you are pregnant or have recently given birth. Talk to your primary care doctor for further information.