Can I get rid of zits by sleeping more?

Will beauty sleep literally result in beauty? My face has a lot of pimples right now.
While there is no clear cut evidence that supports lack of sleep worsening acne, some feel that lack of sleep occurs most commonly during periods of high stress. A recent study, though small, has linked a connection between stress and acne due to the release of additional hormones triggered by stress that may influence acne formation. Stress, however, does not play much of a direct role in causing acne. There are several factors that contribute to acne development, and sleep, by itself, may not magically rid yourself of pimples. The primary trigger of most cases of acne is the fluctuation of hormones. Hormones stimulate the oil glands to produce more sebum, which can cause a blockage of pores. Bacteria can then grow within the pores, causing infections and inflammation that lead to acne breakouts. The good news is that we have great options for the treatment of acne. The obvious one is topical medications over the counter that act to dry up the oily pores and also kill the bacteria. Since you are looking for an alternative treatment (i.e., sleeping more), I assume that you have already tried the over the counter medications, like products containing benzoyl peroxide or retinoids, and still are not seeing any results. A dematologist may be able to help with severe acne that requires aggressive treatment.