How can I have low body fat while keeping my breasts?

I want to lose body fat but not my breasts. Is there a way to make this happen?
This is a very difficult question to answer, because the body fat distribution of every person is different and the breasts are composed of fatty tissue in large part. Depending on the age of a woman, the percentage of the breasts that are composed of fat will vary as well, with older women having breasts with more fatty tissue, and younger women having a higher relative amount of other tissue. The breasts have fat, ductal tissue, and the milk secreting glands which make up the majority of the breast mass. During pregnancy and other times when certain hormones increase, the amount of ductal and milk producing glands will increase, but this is obviously temporary. With both men and women, it is difficult to "target" fat loss so that it comes from just one area (despite the numerous claims that it can be done by so many diets and fad exercise plans). This means that, if you lose fat from the rest of your body, it is likely to come from your breasts as well. Please speak to your family practice doctor if you continue to have questions, and to get more tips for successful weight loss, if it is appropriate.

Other Endocrinologists