What could be causing frequent urination?

I am 18 years old and female. Lately, when I have to go to the bathroom, I have to go immediately. I feel like I can?t control my bladder and have to go all the time. What?s going on?
Frequent urination is a fairly common medical condition heard by a doctor. The need to urinate more than eight times a day and frequently waking up in the night to release yourself can be a symptom of many different medical problems. When the urgent need to urinate is accompanied by discomfort in the abdomen, it could signal the common occurrence of urinary tract infection (UTI). If not UTI, frequent urination is often an early symptom of type 1 and 2 diabetes which can trigger the production of extra urine to flush out sugar. Kidney disease can cause frequent urination when the kidneys fail to concentrate the urine and consequently sends a bigger volume of fluid to the bladder. Some medications can contribute to frequent urination as well. Losing the strength and tone of muscles may also lead to urinary incontinence. Frequent urination may also be a symptom of an overactive bladder syndrome which involuntary bladder contractions lead to frequent and sudden urges to urinate even though the bladder is not full. There are many other causes of frequent urination. It is difficult to diagnose the cause of your frequent urination without a thorough medical history and physical exam. I would recommend a visit to a primary care doctor to be a evaluated and seek for the treatment best suited for you. Hope this helps.

Other Urologists