Can sweating too much be the sign of a serious health problem?

I?ve always been a sweaty guy. I sweat a lot when its hot and when I exercise, but lately I sweat even when I?m not doing anything. Could a gland problem be causing this?
Given the fact that you have always had a tendency to sweat a lot, it is unlikely that the continued sweating you are experiencing is a sign of a new medical problem. Most of the time excessive sweating (hyperhydrosis) is just that; it can however be very socially embarrassing and many people do seek treatment for it. If you think that the sweating has recently worsened, it might be worth ruling out a few medical problems. For example, an overactive thyroid gland might cause excessive sweating, as well as weight loss, nervousness, changes in the hair and skin, and palpitations. Your doctor can rule this out with a simple blood test. The other type of sweating that can be more concerning is night sweats. If you find that you are waking up in the middle of the night with soaked sheets, then this is more concerning, as this pattern of sweating is sometimes associated with certain cancers, like lymphoma, or certain infections, like tuberculosis. Assuming your primary care doctor does not feel that there is any serious medical problem to deal with, then you might want to talk to a dermatologist about possible treatments for your excessive sweating, as effective treatments are available!