How can I tell if I have mono?

My body has ached for the last week or so and I have been sleeping a lot lately. Could I have mono? Is a sore throat associated with mono too?
Mono, or infectious mononucleosis, is a condition most often caused by the initial infection with viruses known either as CMV or EBV. The syndrome can cause of variety of symptoms including sore throat, low-grade fevers, muscle and joint aches, fatigue and sore throat. Given that most of these symptoms are non-specific and can be caused by lots of other medical problems the only way to know for sure that you have contracted the virus causing mono is to seek out the care of your primary care physician. You should go see your doctor given the symptoms you have been experiencing recently. Blood tests and a physical exam can help your doctor diagnose the cause of your symptoms. In the event that you are diagnosed with mono, it will be important for you to avoid kissing and sharing drinks with other individuals as this can facilitate spread of the virus. If your tests show mono, you will also have to avoid contact sports for a few weeks, as the spleen can become enlarged with this viral illness, making it prone to rupture if a trauma occurs.