Could the pain in my abdomen be something serious?

I?m having what feel like menstrual cramps, but they?ve never been this bad. I?m in my early twenties and the pain is now constant. Is this just a bad pre-menstrual situation?
From your description, the abdominal pain you are having could be caused by many different types of problems. Since you feel that they may be menstrual cramps, then it is possible that this is what they are and that they are just getting worse. This would be the cause if you are having this pain at the same time during your cycle, but at a greater intensity. Causes of worsening menstrual pains include endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and adenomyosis. On the other hand if your pain is occurring at a different time during your cycle, or seems to be unrelated to your cycle, then menstrual cramping is less likely. If you are sexually active, then it is possible that you are pregnant. Bad crampy abdominal pain early in pregnancy could be an ectopic pregnancy. This is a dangerous situation that needs immediate medical attention. Other causes of pain like this include gastrointestinal pain from indigestion, constipation, or diarrhea. If your pain seems to be one sided, it could be coming from your appendix or one of your ovaries. As you can see, there are many possibilities. Thus, you should schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can listen to your description of the pain and perform a thorough exam. From there, you should be able to get some answers.